You are here: Home » Great projects » Involuntary Gap Year?

Involuntary Gap Year?

by Contributor on January 28, 2014

614156 Involuntary Gap Year? Involuntary Gap Year?

Been on gap year? Or thinking of going on one? What if you were kidnapped and sold into slavery? Has your mind wandered to pictures of Colonial America and Cowboys and Indians? Instead you should imagine a background of the rice fields and temples of Asia. The grim truth that there are tens of millions of victims of human trafficking for forced labour, marriages and sexual exploitation.

Human Trafficking 77 Involuntary Gap Year?

A few years ago the founder of the ‘The Human, Earth Project’, Ben Randall, was a long-term traveller enjoying the exotic beauty of SE Asia. He lived in small rural villages and befriended locals all over the region. One friend from his travels, a 15 year old Hmong girl named M was kidnapped two years ago from Vietnam.

Ben is making a documentary film about human trafficking to try and find M and discover what can be done to stop the same thing from happening to others like her.

Take a peek at the video below to find out more about ‘The Human, Earth Project’. Make sure you share it with friends and family who you think might want to help Ben succeed in his campaign to bring M home.

Remember a contribution to the campaign can buy you several unique treasures such as some of Ben’s amazing photography from his journey or even a credit in the movie.

You can make a difference. Visit ‘The Human, Earth Project’ crowdfunding page.

Please share the project on your favorite social media sites.

human trafficking facebook Involuntary Gap Year? human trafficking twitter Involuntary Gap Year? human trafficking google plus Involuntary Gap Year? human trafficking pinterest Involuntary Gap Year?

For anyone still interested read more about human trafficking here.

614156 Involuntary Gap Year? Involuntary Gap Year?

Krista January 28, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I can’t imagine how devastating it would be to lose a friend like that. I’m so glad he’s doing this, giving a voice to the victims, shining a spotlight on these predators.

Shalu Sharma January 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

Its a horrible thing to happen to anyone. I hope the documentary would awaken people about his evil.

Heather January 30, 2014 at 9:55 am

It’s a heartbreaking situation, and one I’m afraid happens much too often. I hope he can find his friend and bring awareness to the plight of the victims.

Barry February 1, 2014 at 6:24 am

Thanks for sharing this. I met Ben (the film maker) In SE Asia and have been really inspired by his story and dedication to raising awareness of the situation – especially amongst these minority women and girls of the region.

Hopefully lots of people will support his campaign!

TammyOnTheMove February 1, 2014 at 10:06 am

Great project. I worked on human trafficking issues in Cambodia myself, so unfortunately know all too well what a big problem this is in SE Asia.

Daidri | Thee Getaway Gal February 3, 2014 at 10:37 am

Such a sad story! I’m glad I’ve stumbled across this post and will be looking into more about “The Human Earth Project”. Thanks for sharing!

Marysia @ My Travel Affairs February 4, 2014 at 12:16 pm

It is terrible to imagine things like that happening to a friend and what about a daughter or a sister?? We need to come together to fight evil in this world!

Ellen February 8, 2014 at 2:32 am

The figures are shocking in the 21st c. I hope Ben raises the money he needs to create a documentary which sheds light on the topic and brings the issue to a wider audience.